When the Cure is Worse Than the Disease

Recently we Californian’s have witnessed our leaders do the exact opposite of what we were by executive order were told to do. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had her hair styled at a shop that was supposed to be closed because of the Wuhan Flu and when Nancy was caught, she claimed that she was set up by the shop owner.  Last week California Governor Gavin Newsom (Nancy’s nephew, by the way) was caught having a wonderful evening at the French Laundry in the Napa Valley with several people. Not outside but inside. No one was wearing masks or practicing social distancing.

            The problem arises because Nancy and Governor Newsom have told us to do just the opposite. It seems that the Democrats operate under the axiom of “It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than follow the rules.” Personally, I am sick and tired of being treated like cow in a herd of cattle. Mr. Newson says that he is following the science. Unfortunately, the CDC provides an inconvenient truth.

  1. People under the age of 49 have a 99.9 percent of recovery.
  2. 40% of people infected have no idea they have it as they show no symptoms.
  3. Healthy people over 70 have 94.6% of recovery. The other 5.4% have compromised conditions.
  4. Elderly people have a much higher percent of infection and death but the government collects these people in homes with infected patients. Governor Cuomo of New York is responsible for so many deaths of elderly.
  5. Children have a very small infection rate although our officials close the schools. It is a historical fact that it is easier to control an uneducated population. So why not allow our children an “uneducation”
  6. 80% of all transmissions happen in the home, but we close all the beaches, public parks and other places outdoors
  7. Large businesses are given a free pass and are allowed to make huge profits when the backbone of America the little guy is left to suffer and become unemployed because their businesses cannot survive being closed.

A good friend of mine who is a experience nurse in a large metropolitan hospital wrote to me pointing out the following:

            The collateral damage is huge much larger than the disease:

  1. Suicides are at record numbers
  2. Depression and Opioid addiction
  3. Alcoholism
  4. Domestic Abuse
  5. Increase in homicides
  6. Children suffering from the lack of socializing

Recently, Governor Newsom has issued a curfew for 10pm like the Wuhan Flu knows how to tell time. He allows restaurants with bars to remain open, but bars must close. This damn Wuhan virus must be the smartest virus of all time if it can tell the difference between a restaurant with a bar from just a bar. We must put our masks on between taking a bite of food in a restaurant.

In the beginning I understood and supported shutting everything down until we understood what we were dealing with. After we understood, uncommon sense took over.

We are intelligent adults. Each day we weigh the consequences of our actions, our safety and our own common sense and then act accordingly. This is exactly what we should be allowed to do today. I will be damned if I will follow Governor Newsom’s Thanksgiving orders:

  1. Must be held outside
  2. Everyone must be six feet apart
  3. Can only last for two hours
  4. There shall be no singing

Please Please Please tell me how this makes any sense at all. Especially Governor Newsom can’t  follow his own rules.

Is help on its way? Mr. Biden says he will help states get through this when, in fact, the best thing he could do is sit in a dark corner and be keep his mouth shut.

Fools with power become tyrants. No Governor Newsom, we will not follow your orders.

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s